Remote Training Opportunities

Hi All, 

During the shutdowns for COVID-19, we're hearing that many contractors and other in-field installers are looking for online/remote training opportunities. Relevate topics would be building science, BPI, other weatherization certs, installation guidelines, maybe relevant softwares, etc. 

Does anyone have anything they've been keeping an eye on or planning on participating in during down time?

-Haley

You need to be a member of Building Performance Community to add comments!

Join Building Performance Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Haley,

I hope someone has contacted you already, buit in cse you missed it, BPA has moved its conference online. WAP agencies can use TT&A money to partipate.

Welcome to the Building Performance Association | Building Performance Association
  • Hi, Haley,

The DOE Weatherization Assistance Program Trainers' Consortium put together a list of online training and other ideas for keeping people productive while working remotely. You should be able to access it here: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rkX1hB0GeMif09ZCJgbRfHiySe7OK4bB/v...

Note that there are 3 tabs.

It includes a couple of the resources already listed in previous responses and a bunch more. Courses are sortable by worker category using our WAP designations of Retrofit Installer/Technician (RIT), Crew Leader (CL), Energy Auditor (EA), and Quality Control Inspector (QCI), as well as a column for admin/management workers.

Best,

-Kelly

Online_Training_Offerings_20200320.xlsx
  • Haley,

Earth Advantage has developed a number of online trainings over the past few years. Currently, most of the online content is geared to the real estate industry. Largely, it's material designed to allow them to better understand the value of energy efficiency and green building. You can find those here: https://www.earthadvantage.org/creating-change/current-offerings.html.

Later this year we will be bringing more contractor trainings online as well.

Thanks for prompting these posts!

-David

Current Offerings
    Professional Training Available Now, Both Online and Classroom
  • Hi Haley,

Leslie here from Building Performance Journal with a short answer to your great question. I have been compiling a list to add to the magazine's current list of ongoing trainings, since so many great teachers are taking their lessons online right now. I'll flag you when that list is fleshed out, so you can share it. Meanwhile, I give you Home Energy magazine's Ongoing Online Training list. Wishing you and yours good health!

Ongoing

Wisconsin Energy Institute: University of Wisconsin — Madison

Infrared Training Center

Fluke Corporation

Building Performance Association Online Training

Midwest Renewable Energy Association

Saturn Resource Management, Incorporated

The Snell Group

UC Davis Extension: Renewable Energy

• I found these free trainings with CEU's

https://www.greence.com/Online_Courses/Free_Courses/Newest

Free Courses by Newest - GreenCE.com
    The newest courses page provides AIA HSW CE Hours, LEED specific hours, and GBCI general hours. Also, several new courses are free IDCEC online ...
    • ASHRAE 62.2 for Single-Family Dwellings

This course offers 15 BPI CEUs and requires about 20 - 30 hours to complete. It is offered by HeatSpring and is taught by Rick Karg, a member of the ASHRAE 62.2 committee for the last 13 years and the president of Residential Energy Dynamics (RED). Participants have access to Rick by an effective message board for six weeks and then have access to the course materials for another year. The cost of the course is $695. The next scheduled session starts on April 27 and ends on June 7, 2020. However, if a group of participants requests a different timeslot, it can usually be scheduled. Contact Karg at rjkarg@redcalc.com for more information regarding custom timeslots. 

ASHRAE 62.2 Ventilation for Single-Family Dwellings
      https://www.heatspring.com/courses/ashrae-62-2-ventilation-for-single-family-dwellings?aff_id=gav3ng
This reply was deleted.